This article discusses the following topics related to Uploading Contacts:
- Types of Files You Can Upload
- Uploading Contacts Outside of Phone/ Email Sync
- Data First Adds to Your Contacts
What Files Can I Upload To First?
First can accept lists of contacts in Excel or CSV formats. We recommend you only upload lists of people you know - such as past clients, referrers, holiday card lists, etc.
- You can upload any CSV or XLSX file till you reach the contact limit for your account (Pro level limit= 5,000 contacts; Concierge level limit= 10,000 contacts)
How Do I Upload Contacts Outside of My Phone/Email Sync?
Export the lists as a .csv file. Rename the list to indicate the source it came from and anything you would want to remember about the list. Email your list to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then add those contacts to your First account. It will can take up to a week to process, depending on the size of the list. We will send you a push notification to let you know when your list have been matched and scored in app.
Pro tip: Use descriptive names for your CSVs - these will help you understand where a contact came from once they are uploaded.
We strongly discourage the upload of large ‘farm’ lists or exports from your lead management system. These lists can contain large numbers of unqualified prospects and can degrade your First experience.
What Data Does First Add To My Contacts?
During the upload process, First will modify and append some data to your contacts in order to help you use the app more effectively.
- Full Name: First will find and append the full name for your contacts if not provided,
- Property: First will attempt to match your contacts to properties in its national database and will add property information that we find associated with your contacts.
- Social Media: First will attempt to match your contacts with their social media profiles and will add a link to any social media profiles we locate for you contacts.
First does not:
- add any emails to your contacts
- add any phone numbers to your contacts.
- add contacts that you did not provide through your phone, email, or by sending us a file
- add information or change information in your phone, CRM tool, or email
If you have any questions or need help getting contacts exported, please feel free to contact email@example.com.