This article discusses the following topics related to Syncing Email Accounts:
- What is Nylas?
- Importance of Syncing Your Email
- How Often Do Email Contacts Sync
- Common Email Addresses for Syncing
- How to Sync Multiple Email Addresses
- Data Added to Your First Contacts
Please see related articles to Syncing Specific Email Accounts:
- Syncing Outlook Email
- Syncing Yahoo Email
- Syncing AT&T Email
- Syncing iCloud Email
- Syncing GMail Email
What is Nylas?
Nylas acts as a middleware client between First and your email server. In the same way that someone with a mail client like Outlook would access a mailbox, Nylas will connect with your mailbox and sync your contacts and email data to make it available to First. We never write anything to your contact data or mailbox and nothing will change with your actual data. Any actions taken on your contacts in your mailbox are also automatically synced and updated within the Nylas platform and back to First.
Why Do I Need To Sync My Email Account?
With First’s easy contact syncing system, there’s no need to waste time formatting spreadsheets and manually entering data. In just a few clicks you can import all your phone and email contacts. First has the capability to sync those same accounts on an ongoing basis using a program called Nylas, which helps you avoid having to manually export those contacts whenever new ones are added. You also have the option to export your email contacts manually from your email provider.
How Often Do My Email Contacts Sync?
Contacts from your email account are synced to First every time you open your First account in the mobile app. Notifications are sent out once a week, summarizing the contacts synced during the previous week.
What Email Domains Can I Sync?
Below are some of the most commonly used email providers that agents sync to First:
How Do I Sync Multiple Email Addresses?
If you have successfully synced your initial email address and would like to add more, please follow the steps outlined below.
1. Click on the Profile Tab.
2. Click +Add Email Account.
3. Enter email address you would like synced.
What Data Does First Add To My Contacts?
During the upload process, First will modify and append some data to your contacts in order to help you use the app more effectively.
- Full Name: First will find and append the full name for your contacts if not provided,
- Property: First will attempt to match your contacts to properties in its national database and will add property information that we find associated with your contacts.
- Social Media: First will attempt to match your contacts with their social media profiles and will add a link to any social media profiles we locate for you contacts.
First does not:
- add any emails to your contacts
- add any phone numbers to your contacts.
- add contacts that you did not provide through your phone, email, or by sending us a file
- add information or change information in your phone, CRM tool, or email
If you are stuck in any way, please email us at 'email@example.com' to have a member of our team assist.