Connecting your Gmail account to First will take a matter of seconds. Once synced, you will begin to see your Gmail contacts in app almost immediately. In order to connect your Gmail account, follow the steps below.
1. Open your First Conversation app and click on the Network tab at the bottom right of the screen.
2. In blue letters you will see 'Add Email Account'. Click to add your Gmail account.
3. Enter your email address into the space provided and click 'Sign In'.
4. Log in to your Gmail account or select the account you want to connect if you have multiple Gmail accounts.
5. Grant First permission to see and download your contacts. This is required in order to sync your contacts, but First will never send or delete emails without your permission. Click allow on this screen and the next.
6. You have successfully synced your Gmail account and should see your contacts in app shortly.
Two-factor Authentication and Gmail
Using two-factor authentication (2FA)? If you use 2FA to log in to Gmail (this may be required by your organization if you are using an enterprise account), you may need to generate an app-specific password to use in place of your regular password when logging in. If you are certain your password is correct but getting errors, try this approach. Learn more about Gmail app-specific passwords in this Google support article.