Connecting your Gmail account to First will take a matter of seconds. Once synced, you will begin to see your Gmail contacts appear in the app soon after. In order to connect your Gmail account, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Account tab icon on the Navigation bar located at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the Account tab and in blue letters you will see 'Add Email Account'. Click to add your Gmail account.
- Enter your email address into the space provided and click 'Sign In'.
- Log into your Gmail account or select the account you want to connect if you have multiple Gmail accounts.
- Grant First permission to see and download your contacts. This is required in order to sync the contacts from your email’s address book, but do know that First will never send or delete emails without your permission. Click allow on this screen and the next.
- You have successfully synced your Gmail account and should see your contacts in the app shortly.
Two-factor Authentication and Gmail
Using two-factor authentication (2FA)? If you use 2FA to log in to Gmail (this may be required by your organization if you are using an enterprise account), you may need to generate an app-specific password to use in place of your regular password when logging in. If you are certain your password is correct but getting errors, try this approach. Learn more about Gmail app-specific passwords in this Google support article.